Kanthadaiyandan's Ten Words
Srimathe Ramanujaya Nama:
Kanthadaiyandan's divine ten words
When being imprisoned in Ravana's garden, Sita Piratti
showed the situation of a Srivaishnava who is trapped
in this samsara.
How is that?
- She got separated from the Lord's divine feet when
She used harsh words against Lakshmana. Similarly, for
a chetana, sins committed against a bhAgavata would
remove His divine feet.
- Her presence near Ravana is similar to the chetana's
association with his body.
- Her dwelling together with the rAkshasis who tortured
Her, is similar to the chetana's living together with his
spouse and children.
- Her seeing Marica is similar to the chetana being
attracted by things of this world. Her seeing Ravana is
like the chetana being trapped by his senses.
- Her seeing Hanuman is like the chetana seeing his
- Hanuman told Her the divine qualities of the Lord.
Similarly, the Azhvars tell the divine qualities of the
Lord to the chetana.
- Hanuman told Her the history of the ring given to
him by Lord Rama. Similarly, the acharya gives the Guru
Parampara to the chetana.
- Hanuman gave Her the Lord's ring. Similarly, the
acharya gives the Thirumantra to the chetana.
- Sri Vibeeshana's girls became Her close associates.
Similarly, Srivaishnavas are the close associates to
- The Lord destroyed Her enemies such as Ravana and
took Her to Himself. Similarly, He will destroy the
enemies of the chetana such as association with the
things of this world and take him to His divine abode.
Azhvar Emberumanar Jeeyar Thiruvadigale Sharanam